$120.00

Brand: vendor-unknown

Color Of Canvas:

  • Full Color
  • Sepia
  • Black and White

Size Of Canvas:

  • 12X36
  • 15X45
  • 18X58
  • 3-12x12
  • 3-20x20
  • 3-30x30

Type Of Canvas:

  • Rolled Canvas ( no frame )
  • Triptych Canvas

Share on:

Product Description

Avila Beach Wharf Wall Decals

Avila Beach Wharf Wall Decals Avila Beach Pier was first constructed in 1908 by the county of San Luis Obispo but because it was not well protected, it sustained major storm damage throughout the years and was constantly repaired after each event. On April 30, 1908, “The Great White Fleet” anchored offshore at Avila Beach. This event drew over two thousand local residents and businesses and schools were closed. Now, Avila Beach Pier is 1,685 feet long and is intended for tourist strolling as well as recreational fishing. It extends out from the center of the actual beach of Avila Beach and is surrounded by beach goers most months of the year. The base of the pier was replaced in the early 2000s as part of Unocal’s cleanup of an oil spill that saturated the soil for years under the town until the seepage was discovered in 1989. Avila Beach Pier is only one of three piers in Avila Beach. The Harford Pier was developed in 1873 by John Harford for shipping into San Luis Obispo before the train came. It was also used by smugglers at nighttime for illegal movement of liquor. Now, the Harford Pier is used for fishing, restaurants and commercial fishing. The California Polytechnic State University Pier is located between the Avila Beach Pier and the Harford Pier and was donated by Unocal in 2001. The pier became an educational/marine research facility and part of the universities marine research program but unfortunately is not publicly accessible.

Related Products